In order to skipper a boat by yourself, the minimum requirement is the Day Skipper certification, or ICC. A second crew member who has done the Competent Crew course would be a valuable asset to any skipper on board.
RYA COMPETENT CREW
RYA DAY SKIPPER
RYA COASTAL SKIPPER
MILE BUILDING TRIPS
ICC (INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCE)
VHF RADIO COURSES
For more details about each course, please see: RYA Sailing Courses
We also offer shorebased theory courses and combined courses, as well as pre-flotilla refresher courses and an introduction to sailing for minors (Start Yachting).
Practical courses are normally five days but we offer you a full week on board, from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday at 9.00 am, so there will be time to also enjoy the Greek islands and relax after a day's sailing.
Practical courses can be booked per person on our scheduled tuition yacht which will accommodate up to a maximum of 5 students with our qualified English speaking instructor. Alternatively, if you are chartering your own yacht for a holiday, we also offer an own yacht tuition option, where all or part of your party (up to maximum 5 students) can participate in the tuition. This can be a mixed ability group with some crew members qualifying at different levels according to previous experience and ability.
Please contact us for details..
When you book a course on the tuition yacht the school provides:
- A fully qualified instructor
- A sleeping berth
- Breakfast and a light lunch
- Waterproof clothing (when required - not swim suits though!!)
- Mooring Fees
- Remember if you book a RYA practical course we will give you a a free RYA Sail Cruising & Yachtmaster Scheme Syllabus & Log Book or a RYA voucher to spend on further training.
We do not provide/guarantee, unless specific arrangements have been made:
Own Boat Tuition
- A separate cabin (couples may request a double cabin and individuals may pay a supplement, if a cabin is available)
- Evening meals (clients are welcome to cook on board rather than eat ashore)
- Note that all prices exclude flights to Greece and transfers to Poros Island
When you book an instructor to join you on a yacht you own or charter:
- We organise a suitably qualified instructor to join you.
- We ask you to arrange suitable accommodation (normally a separate cabin) and meals for the instructor.
- If, at the end of the course, your instructor is not dropped back to our base on Poros Island you will be responsible for the return travel costs. This will be payable locally at cost.
What is not provided:
Shorebased Courses When you book a shorebased course the school arranges:
- If you do not own your own yacht you may charter one of the suitably prepared charter yachts from the Greek Sails fleet.
- Note that all prices exclude flights to Greece and transfers to Poros Island.
- A fully qualified instructor.
- A suitable teaching room with any equipment required
- Note pad, writing implements
What is not provided:
- Accommodation & meals.
- Day Skipper & Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster: plotter, dividers, etc.
- Flights to Greece and transfers to Poros Island
|Odyssey Sailing is registered and bonded with the Greek National Tourist Organisation (GNTO - EOT) and is a member of the Hellenic Yacht Brokers Association (HYBA).||© Odyssey Sailing|
Antonopoulou 158D, Volos, 38221, Greece
Tel: +30 24280 94128 | Tel / fax: +30 24210 36676
|Back to top|