Unexplored Greek Islands 2022 - New!
Aboard the 17-Cabin Mega Yacht Callisto
July & September 2022 | 8 day cruises
Friday sailings | From Athens - Athens, Greece
- View the beautiful Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion.
- Explore the traditional beauties of Ikaria, Patmos, Lipsi and Kalymnos islands in the Dodecanese
- Discover the forgotten secrets of the Small Cyclades islands of Amorgos, Koufonissia and Irakleia
- Delight in the spectacular views from Serifos
Sailing Dates 2022
1 July, 15 July
Day 1 ~ Friday | Athens - Cape Sounion
|Day 2 ~ Saturday | Ikaria (The Dodecanese islands, Greece)
In the morning, we stop for a refreshing swim at the Seychelles beach, accessible best by yacht. Enjoy the translucent blue waters and bright white pebbles covering the sea bottom. BBQ lunch on board and our ship docks in Ikaria`s quaint port. Ikaria is an island-phenomenon unlike anywhere else in Greece or in the world. People here live much longer than the population on other islands and mainland. In fact, people here live on average 10 years longer than those in the rest of Europe and the Americas. Join our tour discovering authentic villages that march to a different drummer, enjoy a hike in wild landscapes followed by a dip in one of the eight natural thermal springs or join a cooking class in a family’s country home kitchen, and garden in an ancient village for a personalized experience cooking and learning about life and the secret to the inhabitants’ famed longevity, the Blue Zone Greek island. Afternoon at leisure, or at one of the village traditional fairs.
|Day 3 ~ Sunday | Patmos - Lipsi (The Dodecanese islands, Greece)
Early morning sailing and arrival in Patmos, an island revelation with a touch of divine. Surrender yourself to the mysticism and tranquility of the island of the Apocalypse. Morning discovery of two UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the Grotto and Monastery of St. John and the historic centre of the medieval town of Chora, filled with grandeur and serenity. Small and secluded yet spectacular all the same, Patmos is the “Jerusalem of the Aegean”. Afternoon sailing to Lipsi island, a time capsule of authenticity in the Dodecanese. Lunch al fresco and swim stop in one of the glittering necklaces of 24 islets await, protected by the Natura 2000 network making an ideal refugee for the shy Mediterranean Monk seal. While in Lipsi we invite you to taste the famous Aposperitis red Lipsi wine (on board treat). Evening at leisure to enjoy the setting of the local harbour at sunset, and a seaside dinner with home-cooked traditional recipes made of local produce. Overnight in Lipsi.
|Day 4 ~ Monday | Kalymnos (The Dodecanese islands, Greece)
Early morning sailing to Kalymnos with a swimstop on the way. Kalymnos is a hidden gem island for those who crave simplicity and authenticity. Home of the famous sponge divers, this island in the Dodecanese is ideal for modern day adventurers with 1,300 market hiking routes to be explored. Join our tour to engage with the locals harvesting sponges and producing about 30,000 sponges annually, witness the numerous species of sponge and the various stages they go through before reaching the market. Afternoon at leisure to enjoy a hike or marvel the Esperidon fjord, perhaps the most beautiful fjord in Greece. Overnight in Kalymnos quaint port.
|Day 5 ~ Tuesday | Levitha - Amorgos (The small Cyclades, Greece)
The ship sails towards the white and blue Cyclades. Enjoy a stop at Levitha island, inhabited by a family of four, raising animals. In the summer, the family also runs a small but spotless restaurant for the visiting yachts. They grill to perfection fresh fish and meat. Enjoy a hike on one of the island`s goat paths. On top of the island there is an abandoned World War II Italian outpost. Midday sailing to Amorgos, the island of Luc Besson`s "Big Blue". Mellowed with traditions, firewater and laid-back villages, Amorgos will make you forget the 20th century, never mind the 21st. Enjoy an afternoon with locals learning how to make the island`s famous "Psimeni Raki", a local homemade liquor with the flavor of honey and clove made since ancient times on Amorgos. Evening at leisure to enjoy the breathtaking medieval capital, 400m above sea level. Overnight in Amorgo`s quaint port of Katapola.
|Day 6 ~ Wednesday | Amorgos - Koufanisia - Iraklia (The Small Cyclades, Greece)
Our early morning discovery will take us to the impressive monastery of Chozoviotissa built in 1088 inside the rocky cliffs of the mountain. We will visit monks’ cells which are open to visitors and contain important heirlooms and artifacts. We are offered a glass of Psimeni Raki and a local sweet while we enjoy magnificent views of the Aegean. Return on board for a short sail to the Small Cyclades: enjoy a swim in Koufonisia, take out the ship`s Kayaks and Paddle boards to explore sea caves only accessible by yachts. Afternoon scenic cruise around the nearby island of Schinoussa before we reach Iraklia, a tiny hidden island gem in the midst of the Aegean. Part of the Natura 2000 network of natural habitats, it enchants with the superb views offered by its mountainous footpaths, the variety of its coastline and its own, unique sights. There is no supermarket on the island, and deliveries come by ferry from the nearby island of Naxos. Evening at leisure to enjoy the true laid-back Greek island life. Overnight in port.
|Day 7 ~ Thursday | Serifos, (The Cyclades islands, Greece)
In the morning we reach Serifos, a quintessentially Cycladic island of brilliant light, clear water, and steadfast traditions. Enjoy a swim at one the island`s remote beaches accessible best by small ship. Barbecue lunch on board, followed by an afternoon stroll to explore the island`s picture-perfect "Hora" castle-village. Join our tour to a local winery offering unobstructed views to the Aegean or get creative in the island`s ceramic studio where you can master the basics of pottery and bring as gifts back home. Farewell dinner reminiscing all the hidden gems of Greece. Midnight sailing back to Athens.
|Day 8 ~ Athens (Greece)
Disembarkation at 9:00 am after breakfast.
Mega Yacht Callisto
The Callisto is a 50 m / 164 ft mega yacht which complies with the latest SOLAS regulations for international cruises. Her state of the art twin stabilizers allow for safe and comfortable cruising. Launched in 2000, she was fully refitted in 2016. She accommodates up to 34 passengers in 17 twin or double cabins and is maintained and serviced by 17 professional crew members. m/y Callisto is of the "boutique" category of cruiser, and offers the highest standard of accommodation, comfort and safety.
2022 Cruise Fares per double person occupancy
|CABIN CATEGORY||CABIN DESCRIPTION||EURO RATES PER PERSON||USD RATES PER PERSON|
|C: Lower deck||Twin bedded cabins||€2400.00||$2890.00|
|B: Lower deck||Twin bedded cabins||€2550.00||$3090.00|
|A: Main deck||Twin or Double bedded cabins||€3450.00||$4190.00|
|P: Main deck||Twin or Double bedded cabins||€3650.00||$4390.00|
|Single supplement||Category C and B cabins
Category A and P cabins
|3rd person discount||Category C and B cabins||30%|
|Port Charges||Per person||€295.00||$360.00|
USD PRICES FOR USA, MEXICO & JAPAN COUNTRIES. EURO RATES FOR THE REST OF THE WORLD.
PLEASE SEE CHILD POLICY / FAMILY OFFERS BELOW
Cruise fares are per person and week and include
- Accommodation in double or twin cabins with private SH/WC & air conditionin
- Select Shore Excursions included: Amorgos half-day walking tour & Patmos half-day tour
Dining & Beverages:
- 7 Breakfasts – 6 Lunches – 2 Dinners: Buffet breakfast and 1 or 2 meals daily
- Filter coffee, tea and mineral water all day
- Complimentary Wine, Beer and Soft drinks with lunch and dinner on board
- Local delicacies treat on board
Special Activities on board:
- Welcome Sail-away Reception on Day 1, a Greek Night Theme Evening with traditional music and/or dancers onboard, fun BBQ Lunches (weather permitting), and Captain’s Dinner
- Use of fishing and snorkeling equipment (Masks, Fins and Snorkels), and Beach Towels
- Kayaks, Water Toys and Stand-Up Paddle Boards (subject to availability)
- English-Speaking Cruise Escort
- Beverages (except those mentioned above)
- Shore excursions on the islands (Except those mentioned above) or other land arrangements
- Optional shore excursions highlights include Pottery Class, Winery Tours, UNESCO Sites and Monasteries, Family Vineyards and Cooking Classes, Diving Tours, Hiking Tours
- Crew tips
- Passenger personal expenses
Children policy/Family offer
- SINGLE parent with 1 or max. 2 children in same cabin: The parent pays Single cruise fare & children cruise for FREE
- COUPLE with 1 child sharing the same cabin:
- No charge for the child up to 10 years old
- 50% reduction for the child 11-17 years old
- COUPLE with 2 or 3 (regardless of age) children: Both cabins will be charged at Single rate (single adult rate)
- Discounts which only apply for the children (5-17 years old): 25% reduction on all optional excursions
Conditions & Restrictions for the Family offers:
- They apply for children 5-17 years old
- They are valid for new bookings only
- They are on request and on first come-first served basis
- “Special Family offer” to be mentioned at the time of booking so that the discounted rates will apply for the reservation. Otherwise, Full rates will apply
- No reduction offered on port taxes which are additional for all participants
- They cannot be combined with any existing or future early bird discounts or special offers including Club exclusive offers
- Standard payment and cancellation policies apply
NOT INCLUDED IN CRUISE FARE
Such personal expenses as drinks (other than included in the rate), laundry, spa -where applicable-, boutique items and gratuities (gratuities are optional but as a rule, satisfied clients are expected to give to the captain, at the end of the cruise, approximately Euro 13-15 per person per day for distribution among all crew members), medical expenses, port taxes, shore excursions (shore excursions are proposed and arranged on board by the tour leaders), use of the on board Wi-Fi (available at a charge), expenditures incurred ashore, and anything not mentioned in cruise program.
The Variety Cruises passion remains unchanged since 1968: an alchemy that blends enriching oneself educationally and exploring the true identity of a destination, while enjoying the comforts and unique benefits of a small ship sailing the seas.
We look forward to welcoming you aboard one of our ships soon and discover the world the Variety Cruises way.
Variety Cruises is one of the leading yacht cruise lines worldwide, operating a fleet of 11 fully owned vessels offering travelers the ultimate Boutique Yacht Cruise experience. With capacities ranging from 5 to 36 cabins, Variety Cruises’ upscale yachts and experiential cruise itineraries embrace each destination by visiting much-loved and unfrequented ports of call in a private, intimate and relaxed environment.
THE VARIETY CRUISES DIFFERENCE
- Private Yacht Cruise Experience, with up to 72 fellow passengers
- Boutique-size yachts that dock right in the heart of destinations that large ships cannot reach
- Carefully crafted itineraries focused on the destination
- Ample leisure time in each port including overnights
- Mediterranean fusion cuisine with a strong local influence depending on the destination
- Personalized service on board provided by experienced and finely trained crew
- Small group shore excursions – Immersion in the destination
- Swim platforms allowing guests to enter the crystal clear waters on spot and swim or experience snorkeling, kayaking, SUP and more
- Yacht Deck Barbecues & Private Events on board and ashore
AWARDS & ACCOLADES:
Some of Variety Cruises’ industry nomination highlights:
- Tourism Awards 2019: Gold Award for “Responsible and Sustainable Tourism”
- Cruise Critic Cruisers’ choice 2018: “Best Cruise Line in Eastern Mediterranean”
- Tourism Awards 2017: Gold Award in “Small Ship Cruising in Greece”
- USA TODAY Reader’s Choice Awards 2016: “World’s Best Boutique Cruise Line”
- CruiseCritic.Com 2015: In the top 15 Small Ship Cruise Lines and “Best in Yacht Cruises”
- CruiseCritic.Com: “Best Small Ship Cruise Line in the Scenic Nature”
With more than 400 bed capacity on board 11 vessels, Variety Cruises is the largest Mega Yachts operator in the Mediterranean and one of the top 3 worldwide in the Small Ship market.Unexplored Greek Islands 2022 Cruise Brochure