Sail Greece in style! 8-10 guests on a luxurious - brand new catamaran (2009). 4 double bed one twin bed cabins, all with en-suite facilities, air-conditioned through-out, large decks, fly bridge, water maker, speed boat, water ski, tubes, kayak, LCD TV, DVD, under water lights for night swimming and many toys. Crew of 2 at your service.
Juy / August: €14,900
June / September: 13,900
Other months: €10,900
+ VAT (currently 12%)
+ APA* (for all expenses, estimated 30%)
Charter rates are in Euro and refer to weekly charter period.
Charter rates include: Hire of yacht and her equipment (on board entertainment equipment, auxiliary crafts and water toys included) and crew wages. All Yachts are listed in CYA, Yachtfolio and Charter Index.
Charter rates do not include: All crewed yachts are quoted ‘Plus Expenses’ and the specific terms often referred to as "MYBA terms" stipulate that the charter fee includes charter of the yacht and equipment, crew wages and food, ship`s laundry, basic operating consumables, and insurance of the yacht for marine risk, third party claims, and the crew for employer`s liability insurance. Yachts quoted as ‘plus expenses’ means that the Charterer will be charged, at cost, for all other expenses. These expenses include but are not limited to food and beverages for the charter guests, fuel for the yacht and auxiliary craft(s) and water toys, berthing fees, harbor and pilot fees, customs charges, divers` fees where required, communication charges, VAT, taxes, communications, guest laundry, shore-side electricity and water, onshore transfers and tours and anything else not specifically included in the charter fee.
*APA (Advance Provisioning Allowance): In crewed charters, the Charterer pays upfront an estimated amount for these expenses, this is then forwarded to the Captain who will be responsible for making all payments as necessary, accounting of Charterer’s expenses, advising the latter periodically as to the disbursement of the APA and providing at the end of the charter a breakdown with as many receipts as possible. The amount provided up front for such expenses is called Advance Provisioning Allowance (APA), it is collected with the last payment before the charter and its purpose is to enhance the level of services rendered, by allowing the Charterer to remain un-distracted by day to day expenses. Deductions from APA represent expenses accrued and paid for from APA. Being an estimated allowance, APA is usually calculated at between 20 and 35% of the charter fee depending on the yacht specifics and the charter location. The final, actual expenses accrued may be more or less depending on Charterer’s individual requirements. Should the Charterer spend more than their estimated expense allowance, additional payment will be required during their charter and under all circumstances the Charterer must settle all accounts in cash before disembarking at the end of the charter. Conversely, any unspent APA will be refunded to the Charterer at the end of the charter.
VAT: As stipulated by Greek Law, Value Added Tax is collected by the Owner at the expense of the Charterer. The Charterer shall at all times be liable to pay for the VAT amount applicable by Law at the time the charter is executed. Currently VAT rate applicable on total charter fee is 24% for charters of up to 48 hours duration and 12% for charters of more than 48 hours duration. The VAT rates mentioned herein are the ones applicable by current tax legislation valid to this date and subject to change without prior notice or responsibility on the Broker, the Stakeholder or the Owner.
Crew Gratuities: All of our yachts support MYBA tipping policy so Crew gratuities (tips) are at Charterer’s discretion. A gratuity between 5% and 15% of the contracted gross Charter Fee for the entire crew is generally suggested to the Charterer but it should be clear that the Charterer is under no obligation to leave a gratuity and at no time should a gratuity be solicited, either verbally or in written form when the Charterer is settling the final account.
Some yachts are offered on a Saturday to Saturday schedule during certain periods, please inquire before you offer. Some yachts are not offered for any duration that is less than one week. Daily rates for charter periods of less than one week are not calculated on all yachts on a pro rata basis, please inquire before you offer. Not all yachts are available at all times for Day trips and special events. Availability and rates for daily charters and special events are to be discussed on a case to case basis.
Embarkation/disembarkation time is not standard for all yachts and periods but may vary from time to time and from yacht to yacht. Please confirm embarkation / disembarkation time offered in response to your inquiry and do not hesitate to discuss with our team any special requirement.
Other travel arrangements:
Airport pickups, inland transfers, helicopter transfers, air charter services, tours, ticketing, hotel accommodation, rent a car, currency exchange are all arrangements not included in the charter price. We will be happy to schedule transportation of your guests to and from the yachts or assist with any other arrangement as above, any such service shall be provided at cost and can, if so required, be deducted from charterer’s APA.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the vessels.
- All itineraries are suggested and subject to approval by Captain who will be evaluating prevailing weather and sea conditions at the time of charter. Private charter vessels are not cruise ships and can alter point of call at any time during the charter for passengers’ safety and comfort.
- Whilst every effort will be made to secure berthing in the chosen ports during the cruise neither the Owner or the stakeholder or the Captain can be held responsible for the final allocation of any berth.
- Use of personal watercraft is permitted only subject to the operator having license approved by local (Greek) Port Authorities and conforming to local operating regulations and Law.
- Children are to be under the direct supervision of an adult member of the charter party at all times.
- Any outstanding amounts due by the Charterer will be settled with the Captain onboard, in cash, prior to disembarkation.
- All amounts payable must be cleared in Stakeholder’s account in full. For any amounts received short either due to bank expenses, credit card fees or other reason, the resulting difference will be deducted from the APA.
- Any tax applicable by Law on Charterer’s expense (including but not limited to V.A.T.) at the time the charter is executed will be paid by Charterer. Should any changes in applicable tax legislation take place after the issuance and signing of the Charter Party, resulting in changes in total amount(s) due then the difference will be credited or debited accordingly to the Charterer without any responsibility on the Broker, the Stakeholder or the Owner regardless of the V.A.T. or other tax being stated or omitted on the Charter Party either as rate or amount, on sole condition that any such change in Tax legislation is proven to have taken place after the issuance of the Charter Party and is applicable during the charter period.
All yachts are insured against:
• Risks arising from liability to third parties and damage to hull, machinery and equipment.
• Third party liability.
• Sea pollution liability.
It is highly recommended that the Charterer considers obtaining a Personal Travel Insurance, Cancellation/Curtailment Insurance and Charterer’s Liability Insurance.
- Type: catamaran
- Model: Lagoon 500
- Length overall: 15.24 meters
- Beam: 8.51 meters
- Draft: 1.35 meters
- Built: 2009
- Cabins: 5 (4 double queen cabins, 1 twin)
- WC: 6
- Showers: 5
- Guests: 8 - 10
- Crew: 2
- Air-conditioned: yes
- Main charter base: Athens
- Engines/generators: 2 x 75 HP Yanmar Diesel / 1 x 11 kwa Onan generator
- Fuel consumption: 20 ltr/hr
- Cruising speed: 9 knots
- Max speed: 10 knots
- 32" LCD TV with CD/DVD, Home Cinema, PlayStation, Laptop
- Saloon stereo
- Sat TV
- iPod / Device connections
- Sun awning
- Deck shower
- Internet access / free wifi
- Dinghy 3.30 RIB
- Outboard engine: 40 HP
- Snorkelling gear
- Floating mats
- Swim platform
- Boarding ladder
- Yacht offers Rendezvous diving only
CAPTAIN: Spiros Tsapras
Spiros was born in 1975 in Greece. His experience in sailing along with his friendly and enthusiastic personality makes him an ideal Captain for Idea! Among, other Spiros has participated in various offshore racing, has done yachts` delivery across the Mediterranean Sea and has worked as an Assistant Instructor in the Hellenic Offshore Racing Club. He holds a RYA Yacht master Offshore Certificate of Competence, GMDSS. Along with his adaptability and great organizational skills captain is always ready to welcome his guests, aiming to ensure a hospitable ambiance onboard. He works closely with the Istion Yachting charter team to help create exceptional charter experiences, including a fully bespoke itinerary that makes the most of all the Mediterranean has to offer. He speaks Greek, English, Spanish and Thai and in his free time he loves sailing races, cooking, fitness and volunteering.
COOK/HOSTESS: Asimina Margelou
Asimina was born in 1971 in Nafplio, growing up near the sea which is her passion. She has gained great experience over the years, working for hotelier services. Guests used to say about her hospitality, cleanliness and willingness to make their vacation a special experience for them and tend their special needs and requests.
Also, she is a great and passionate cooker specialized in Mediterranean cuisine. She has professional experience in the production of fresh traditional Greek pasta. Guests will have the chance to taste delicious Greek homemade and unique dishes. She will provide superior hospitality service with friendliness and welcome you warmly with a genuine smile!
- Milk, Tea, Chocolate, Fresh orange juice, coffee
- Exotic Rice Pudding
- Toasted bread, Fresh bread with butter, honey, marmalade, tahini (sesame seed sauce)
- Pancakes with fruit sauce, pancakes with spinach
- Omelette with fresh tomato ‘’kagiana’’ from Corfu Island
- Assorted Chesses and cold cuts dish served with special handmade dips from all over the world!!
- Fried "graviera"’ cheese (made from sheep’s milk and ripened for at least five months) from Crete Island with honey and sesame "Trahanas’’ (paste of cracked wheat and milk) from the Peloponnese with a special cold meat called sigklino
- Minced meat balls with yoghurt sauce
- Traditional handmade onion pie from Mykonos Island and meat pie from Epirus
- Maria’s Pizza Bread, wait until you taste it!
- Naturally Amazing Greek Salad with feta cheese and pure olive oil
- "Tabbouleh" traditional salad with barley from the coast of Mikra Asia (Asia Minor)
- "Ntakos" traditional Salad with Cretan rusk, mizithra (fresh cheese made with milk and whey from sheep and/or goats) and caper
- Authentic Caesar’s Salad
- Lentil Salad with tuna and rice
- Coleslaw Salad
Traditional Greek Dishes
- Octopus boiled in red wine with pasta cooked in fresh tomato sauce
- Stuffed Vegetables (tomato, pepper etc.) with rice and a secret mix of herbs!
- Moussaka (potatoes, eggplant, minced meat and béchamel)
- Stifado (beef, slowly cooked in tomato sauce with baby onions) served with garlic sauce
- Kleftiko (mix of small cut pieces of meat with spices and red wine slowly cooked in a casserole for 3hrs!)
- "IDEA" Salmon. A unique recipe with fresh salmon with a mix of cheeses wrapped in puffed pastry
- Swordfish fillet finished with Famous Samos Sweet Wine served cherry tomatoes roasted in the oven
- Spaghetti with lobster from Skyros Island
- Leg of lamb roasted on top of thyme twigs served with a special recipe for rice
- Chicken loaf with orange sauce served with potatoes a la Lorraine
- Barbeque Day!! Prepare yourselves for homemade Greek Souvlaki served with tzatziki
- Fruit salad with liqueur, nuts and cream
- Amazing Yoghurt dessert
- Chocolate cake
- Iced chocolate roll
- Cheese cake
- ‘Banoffee’ pie
Συγχαρητήρια τέτοιοι άνθρωποι κοσμούν τους Έλληνες ναυτικούς και την ελληνική φιλοξενία εις το επανιδείν
We have enjoyed marvelous cuisine, experience sailing and we were rounded by the beauty of the scenic islands of the Saronic Gulf! You offered us the possibility of a unique family experience which will never forget! It is important in life to maintain the family connections which we have enjoyed onboard! Thank you for all!
I had such an amazing time on this trip and you guys made this experience even better. Mina, you are an amazing cook and person, and your positive energy made me so happy. Spiros, you were so helpful with making sure we were safe and having fun. Even though you pushed me in, you made this trip so fun. Also, you ate an amazing captain, and you always kept us laughing.
Thank you so much!!
Thank you both for providing such an incredible trip for our family. What a relaxing, refreshing, eye-opening, heart filled week!! You both made the trip for us!! Yu are always welcome with us in Berkeley if you ever find yourself there!!
Dear Spiros + Mina,
I cannot begin to thank you enough for making our amazing trip possible. We had SUCH an amazing time and will cherish our memories from this boat for the rest of our lives. You both are amazing, fun, and lively people. This experience would not have been the same without you!!
Dear Spiro & Mina,
This trip was amazing and will forever be one of the memorable trips of my life. Your willingness to assist along with great attitudes made our vacation be so special. Thank you so much for this amazing trip and I wish you guys luck with your future trips.
I have dreamed of bringing our children to Greece for many years. I have often told them about the rich history, the beautiful geography and the warm people of this amazing country. You two made this trip dream a reality and I am so grateful to you both for that. Mina I so appreciate all of your hard work in the kitchen and beyond. You truly made this a very relaxing experience for me. You are an amazing chef. All of your wonderful dishes are made with the freshest ingredients and most of all lots of love. Spiros thank you for your expert advice of “more sea, less boat” Jam so happy that we sailed to Aegina – Paros – Spetses – Hydra – Agistri – gorgeous places that have never visited. Thank you so much for providing lots of fun for the kids.
Best wishes to you both!! <3
Thank you for your professionalism & hospitality. Your passion for this profession is obvious!! Memories of this trip with my daughter and grandchildren and son in law and of course my wonderful wife Kerry will be forever in my mind. Thank you for being you and for making our trip so special and memorable!!
Words cannot express how much we appreciate everything you have done for us. You are both amazing and have made us feel safe and welcome. The memories we have made aboard will stay with us forever. You have created a desire in us to return to this magnificent country. Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for everything!!!
Felt completely comfortable and safe under the expert seamanship that captain Spiros provided. Asimina was a fantastic chef and hostess and made some of the best meals we have ever had! We felt welcomed from the moment we stepped on board, and enjoyed Spiro’s humor and Asimina’ s warm smile and infectious laughter. We truly appreciated Asimina taking us on a tour of her home town. Nafplio, which was the highlight of our trip. We feel fortunate to have all these memories of the beautiful bays and islands we stopped at, and making our dream to sail in Greece come true!!
Thank you so much for making this adventure one of the best we have ever had! We will never forget your kindness, your wonderful enthusiasm and joy! You looked after us so well, with amazing food and keeping us safe and happy! We will carry you back in New Zealand in our hearts!
With much love to you all
Carri & Trevor Gray xx
Mina & Spyros,
Thank you for making this the most memorable time! The care, fun, happiness shared compared to none. The food was so light and delicious!!
Corinne & John
Dear Spiros & Mina
These 10 days have been more perfect because of your kindness, professionalism and love of your country. Our dream came true because of you!! The food, all the coves and the islands were fantastic.
Thank you for everything
Vincent & Suzanne Bruno