Yacht Hop: Western Cyclades and Santorini
Explore the beauty of the Western Cyclades in style on an amazing Catamaran!
- Cabin charter: up to 8 guests in 4 double spacious cabins.
- These 7 day cabin charter trips starting from Paros include visits to Ios, Milos and Santorini. Notorious for its winds and famous for its beauty, the Aegean Sea is an Archipelago with some of the most clear & colourful waters on Earth.
- With a professional English speaking skipper and hostess/first mate on board, all you need to do is sit back and enjoy the ride.
- Each day includes a swim-stop in a beautiful location and evening ashore in a new location.
- Continental breakfast and lunch on board are included. Evening meals ashore at a taverna.
- Departures every Saturday from Athens from May to October.
The Lagoon 42 is a modern Catamaran with an experienced crew to sail you around its isles. Our catamaran may comfortably accommodate up to 8 guests, in 4 double bed cabins all with en-suite air conditioned facilities and a modern layout for a comfortable stay. You can book by the cabin or the whole yacht if available. With our selected itinerary you will have the chance to experience lesser known islands including Folegandros and Kimolos along with the larger and more famous islands of Ios, Sifnos, Milos and of course Santorini!
There will be up to 2 swim stops every day, one in the morning and another at around noon time when lunch will be served. The schedule includes arriving early afternoon in each port, so you will have time to explore each destination. On-board prepared meals include fresh seasonal ingredients bought & prepared on each day, and will give you an insight into a home-made Greek cuisine.
By the end of the trip, we aim to have offered an introduction to “yachtlife”, a totally different concept of holidaying, and the chance to explore the amazing islands of the cyclades by sea! We will sail the following route: Paros - Ios - Santorini - Thirassia - Folegandros - Polyaigos - Kimolos – Milos - Kitriani – Platys Gialos – Antiparos - Paros. Overnights are on the islands of: Ios, Santorini, Folegandros, Kimolos, Milos and Sifnos.
2022 Confirmed sailing dates
- 18 - 24 June
- 16 - 22 July
- 30 July - 5 August
- 3 - 9 September
- 17 - 23 September
For alternative dates, please see Mykonos & the Small Cyclades.
Saturday: Paros - Ios
Embarkation is at 17:00 (5pm). Meet your captain and crew and the other guests at Paros marina. A quick departure for a late afternoon sailing will bring you to the island of Ios, where you`ll spend the night. You can stroll around the cliff-perchedf main village and lively bars in Ios.
Sunday: Ios - Santorini
Get ready for a long leg of sailing. Set sail from Ios and follow a southern course to Santorini. You should reach Ammoudi bay by lunchtime. You are free to disembark and explore the island, while the boat waits at anchor for your return. Re-embark by 20.00 and enjoy the sunset on board, while the crew relocates the boat to Thirasia, one of the few spots that can provide good shelter in the caldera. An option to visit the "once western cape" of Santorini, will reveal the glories of this volcanic island.
Monday: Santorini - Folegandros
Set sail after breakfast on a northwest course towards the island of Folegandros, where you will arrive in the aftrnoon. There you should see the cliff-perched `Chora`, the capital of the island, which offers romantic walks around the cobble-stoned alleys, and enjoy the majestic sunset views from up high.
Tuesday: Folegandros - Kimolos
The next day`s destination is the island of Kimolos, a very small island with some of the most beautiful coves and crystal clear waters. You will have a lunch-time swim-stop off Polyaigos before reaching Kimolos harbour in the early afternoon. With only a handful of residents, Kimolos shows its visitors what Greece looked like in the 1950s, and with its friendly, relaxed atmosphere, you`ll have the chance to mingle with the locals and try some of the best honey in the world!
Wednesday: Kimolos - Milos
Sail today to the island of Milos, famous for the minerals and for its 90+ different beaches! with a volcanic setting and some amazing white cliff formations, Milos has become one of the places to be in recent years. Before reaching the port of Milos, you`ll stop for a swim and lunch on board in Milos` natural harbour Adamas.
Thursday: Milos - Sifnos
Set sail after breakfast towards the island of Sifnos, if the wind allows as you`ll be travelling in a north-east direction, and that`s where the wind usually comes from during the summer. Lunch on board and a swim in the clear, calm waters of the island. You`ll spend the night at Platys Gialos, a beautiful bay with many options for dining and drinking.
Friday: Sifnos - Antiparos - Paros
Set sail after breakfast on board towards the northern tip of Antiparos, for some swimming and lunch. Depart by 16.00 to sail back towards Parikia in Paros, where you`ll say goodbye to the other guests and crew. Disembark by 19:00
Route, itinerary, program and destinations may be altered as per captain`s decision due to weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances.
|Period||Price per person in shared double cabin||Price whole yacht|
|11 June - 8 July||€1,770.00||€12,460.00|
|9 July - 2 September||€1,940.00||€13,990.00|
|3 September - 23 September||€1,770.00||€12,460.00|
|24 September - 21 October||€1,685.00||€11,135.00|
- A modern sailing catamaran
- An experienced English-speaking skipper & hostess
- 4 Double bed cabin accommodation with private WC/shower & air-conditioning*
- Breakfast & Light lunch served on board, bottled water, table wine (1 bottle per couple per day)
- Linen & Towels
- Snorkeling equipment, kayak, stand up paddle
- Fuel & Port fees
- VAT / Taxes
- Transfers from / to the port
- Evening meal or any meals ashore
- Any drinks / meals not mentioned above
- Tips / Gratuities
- Entrance fees in archaeological sites
* Air-conditioning cannot be used while underway. A/C use depends on shore power & may be limited due to port/bay regulations or restrictions.
Jeremy Pollok, USA