The Lagoon 50 is the perfect compromise between the emblematic 450 model and the 52. She offers an attractive option to navigators in search of a large “seaworthy and modern" boat. With her new visual identity, rigging and hull design, she provides increased performance, comprising a unique brand signature. Indeed, the 50`s elegance seduces thanks to the bevelled shape of her hulls, generous volumes and panoramic views, more than ever enhanced. With unparalleled accommodation possibilities, this new model is available in four or even... six cabins! A flybridge with two secure accesses and a helm station provides perfect visibility. And behind the helm station, a huge modular recreation area conceals a storage area large enough to store all the cushions.
- A large open cockpit facing out to sea, large stern skirts enable easy access to the boat and a large modular dining area with removable bench seats to welcome children and adults alike.
- A second cockpit for further enjoyment of the foredeck with dual function: seating or deck chair position, flush with the forward trampoline.
- Vast storage space under most of the cockpit and flybridge seats.
An innovative saloon concept on two levels, providing two separate but communicating areas: a large galley that opens onto the cockpit on one side, and a slightly elevated lounge area for enhanced panoramic vision, which can easily be turned into a dining area if needed.
- An innovative interior design, with a new, elegant and elaborate wood finish to be customised for the owner.
- Remarkable communication between the interior and the exterior: the central panoramic windscreen is retractable, which is ideal for ventilation of both the saloon and the cockpit. This enables interaction with the forward area.
- Outstanding natural light in the aft cabins, fitted with panoramic glazing and large hull portholes in the showers and bathrooms.
- Volume and comfort in the hulls with particular attention to storage space: cabins with « Island bed » berths forward and aft, large storage volumes, hanging lockers, and open bookcases.
- Large fresh and black water tanks located under the floorboards, thus providing considerable space.
The decision to position the mast step further aft, which stems directly from VPLP`s experience in competitive sailing, provides this catamaran with multiple advantages:
- A self-tacking jib for simplified manoeuvres.
- A large forward triangle for a wider choice of downwind sails: a guaranty of performance,
- A shorter boom for easier manoeuvres.
- A main sail, with a high aspect ratio, enabling the capture of better airflow in the upper parts of the sail for optimised performance.
- The re-centring of weight, thanks to aft positioning of rigging, considerably reduces the boat`s pitch.
- Multihull of the Year 2018
- British Yachting Awards, Multihull of the Year, 2018
- Best Sail Boats Winner, 2019
|DESIGNERS:||Patrick le Quément & Nauta Design|
|DEVELOPER/ MANUFACTURER:||VPLP design|
|LENGTH OVER ALL :||14.75 m / 48`5``|
|MAXIMUM BEAM :||8.10 m / 26`7``|
|DRAFT :||1.40 m / 4`7``|
|LIGHT DISPLACEMENT :||20.826 t / 45 921 t|
|FUEL TANK CAPACITY :||2 x 520 l / 2 x 137 US gal|
|FRESH WATER CAPACITY :||2 x 240 l / 2 x 63 US gal|
|ENGINE POWER (HP) :||2 x 57 CV / 2 x 57 HP|
|SAIL AREA:||158.1 m² / 1 701 sq.ft|
Bimini top, Cockpit cushions, Cockpit table, Deck shower (hot water), Dinghy with outboard engine, Electric anchor winch, Swimming ladder, gangway/passarelle
Bilge pump, Fire extinguishers, Life jackets, Life raft, Safety harnesses, flares, First Aid box, VHF, horseshoe buoy, EPIRB
Sails & Rigging:
Roller furling genoa, Full batten mainsail, sheets, stern lines, boat-hook, winches, winch handles
Wind-depth-speed meters, autopilot, compass, GPS plotter, GPS plotter in cockpit, sea charts & pilot books,
Battery charger, Radio/CD player or Radio/USB/Aux with cockpit speakers
Bed linen & towels, blankets, tea towels, coat hangers, storage lockers
Electric fridge-freezer, gas stove & oven with grill, full set cooking equipment, plates and cutlery, bowls, cups, glasses, etc
Additional equipment (on some yachts - please request)
Cockpit shades, solar panels, TV/DVD, electric flush toilets, bowthrusters, sternthrusters, air-conditioning
Optional (on request)
Wifi, SUP, Kayak